- Contributing Author, "Establishment of a Pilot Medically Supervised Injection Facility in Massachusetts," Report of the Task Force on Opioid Therapy and Physician Communication, Massachusetts Medical Society, 2017
- Bates SR., Gruenglas J. Precision Medicine: What is the Price of Progress? Harvard Bioethics Journal. 2017. Web.
- Bates SR, McHugh WJ, Carbo AR, O’Neill SF, Forrow L. The Ethics Liaison Program: Building a Moral Community. Journal of Medical Ethics. 2016. Print and Web.
- Also featured on Journal of Medical Ethics Blog
- Bates SR, Greene J, O’Neill SF, St. Onge J, Sokol-Hessner L, Sontag D, Wandel J. Health Care Proxy Form Validity. Silverman Symposium, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. May 2017.
- Bates SR. A New Battleground for the Fight Against Fatal Opioid Overdose in Massachusetts? An Ethical Analysis of Supervised Injection Facilities. Capstone Symposium, Harvard Medical School Center for Bioethics. April 2017.
- Bates SR, Forrow L, Greene J, Moore C, Sarnoff Lee B, Sokol-Hessner L, St. Onge J, Wandel J, 44 Patient and Family Advisors. Development of a Patient-and-Family-Centered Guide for Patients with Serious Illness. Silverman Symposium, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. May 2016.